Wednesday, December 17, 2014

✞ Living Is Learning ✞

I've got some good news everyone! As I wrote a few post back, I had my driving exam Monday (the day before yesterday), and guesss what? I passed! I was so pleased. Still am. It is a great feeling. It took me close to two years to get my liscence, and now, I am a proud owner of one. I obviously don't have my own car yet, but I will be able to take my parent's car once in a while with their consent.

Snow has finally settled for winter. I am glad. Makes things more complicated when driving but I'll get use to it with time. After all, I do live in the province of Quebec. I don't really have a choice do I.


Christmas is coming so fast! I can't contain my excitment. I bought two third of the presents I want to give so I am on schedule and since this is all done, I get to really enjoy the Holidays spirit while relaxing, stress-free in my living room. I even started a new hobby. Since I have really good memorization skills for texts and whatnot, I decided to start learning Russian again. I used to learn at home with an app but I stopped and now I'm getting back into it. Quite pleasing! It is, unfortunately, giving me serious headaches, but it is worth the pain. Helps me kill time while making me smarter. It's a win-win situation here. I am learning with a new app (forgot what it's called) and it is extremely helpful! I get to learn so much. I'm taking things slow though and trying to only learn to speak, write, and read eight words per day.

Also continuing drawing every now and then. That too, helps me kill time, and relieve some of the extra stress that I really don't need. I might just upload a few of my drawings here and there.




Talking about relaxing, someone who really should learn to relax more in the Holiday time is my dear mother. She took so many work contracts that she barely has the time to relax and enjoy Christmas. She hasn't even finished doing her Christmas preparations and shopping. I will do my best to help her for the food and the guests and everything in between, but even then, I am afraid for her health. What if she worns herself out? Perhaps she didn't think about these things and just wanted to take as much work as she could. I think she regrets it a bit now,  Anyway, I shall do my best to help.


Now what should I write about? Mmh. Ah, yes, I went to see the Mockingjay Part 1 yesterday and it was a great film. I found the beginning to be rather long and looks like they waited a while before letting a bit more action in. Not action literally like guns and bombs but I mean, just plain action like things important happening that makes a movie interesting, It was more about the characters walking around saying how much they were traumatised and how everything was going to ashes. The end was really good, but yeah, it was the end. Guess it makes the public even more anticipating Part 2.


Now I am just relaxing after a cleaning the house day, while sipping on a nice cup of tea. I might draw a little bit after this, and continue the book I started a while ago, The Death Cure. The third book in The Maze Runner series. They are currently making their second film. Now that's a movie I can't wait to see!




***





Miakoda ✿

No comments:

Post a Comment