Sunday, December 7, 2014

Fireplace and Longer Hair

I've been working so hard on a short story lately, that I totally forgot to write my usual daily slice of life. I am terribly sorry about that.

So let's see. For a few days now, I've been trying to use my fireplace to make nice, warm fires. Where I live, the winters are extremely harsh, so even so we have heating in our home, it is still cold in the basement, where I spend most of my time. I've got myself burned several times now but finally, this morning, I successfully made one! I am indeed,very proud of myself. It doesn't look like much, but it's a small accomplishment to me.

Speaking of winter, it's getting colder and colder everyday. I wonder if it'll be a harder winter than last year. Last year, we only got snow on Christmas Eve, which is rare and disappointing. But now, we are only at the beginning of December, and it is already extremely cold out, and snow is to be seen everywhere. I am glad we are having a regular winter, but a warmer coat would've been appreciated. Or perhaps, better skills at fire-making.



Now that it's been a few months that I got my hair cut short again, I am more and more brought to let them grow back to a rather long lenght. I know it will take a while for them to grow back, but I feel like it is time I make that decision. In the mean time, I ordered a new wig. I am absolutely in love with wigs and everything related. I already have a few, but I needed a better quality-looking one and my old ones are starting to get old. This time, I ordered from a shop called Lockshop. It was my first time doing so, but I am pleased with the results. I might add a picture of it once I'll have it styled.
I think its a nice alternative while I wait for my mane to grow.




I think I will have to cut this short, two people from friend's family died a few days ago, and I am attending a memorial service this after-noon. I will gladly write more tomorrow if I have the time.


*






Miakoda 

No comments:

Post a Comment